uConnect is making higher education more accessible helping colleges and universities align the pursuit of higher education with career advancement.
The uConnect platform combines deep technical integrations with career planning and recruiting technologies with powerful publishing and modern student communication to help schools curate robust and highly personalized career pathways for every student to improve persistence, career readiness and student outcomes.
Schools like UCLA, Bentley University and Indiana University use uConnect to make career services a part of the campus culture and daily student experience so every student can confidently enroll with a vision of an outcome, persist with purpose and launch of advance their career upon completion.
Come join our fun, passionate and mission-driven team, located in the heart of Boston!
uConnect is looking for an experienced, full-stack WordPress/PHP engineer to join our fun, passionate and mission-driven team here in the heart of Boston. As a software engineer at uConnect, you will have significant and direct impact on our transformative education technology platform that is used by leading schools across the country, and supporting more than 1 million students in their transition from college to career. You will work in a demanding, fast-paced environment and will be responsible for translating innovative ideas into high quality, highly scalable code in order to give our users the best experience possible.
– Designing and building scalable and configurable plugins and solutions on our WordPress Multisite platform
– Designing and building technical integrations with enterprise systems, social platforms, content providers, and career prep tools
– Fixing bugs, troubleshooting performance and security problems, and providing maintenance to the uConnect platform
– Offering guidance and recommendations for technical decision making
– Working closely with designers to develop and bring high-quality designs to life
– A minimum of 5 years experience in building consumer-facing web applications in a dynamic development environment
– Proficiency with PHP/MySQL development
– Deep understanding of WordPress APIs, hooks, database structure, template hierarchy, widget and plugin development
– Experience with integrating third-party applications and technologies using Web Services, REST and SOAP APIs
– Experience with git source control in a team environment
– Experience working in distributed, performant, at-scale backend systems.
– Highly organized, ability to multitask and handle multiple intraday requests
– Ability to work cooperatively with other team members; eager to learn, ask questions, and share insights with the team
– Experience with WordPress Multisite
– Experience with React and/or Backbone.js
– Experience with administering and troubleshooting AWS environments and/or traditional LAMP administration
What we look for:
– Excellent analytical skills, attention to details, and great work ethic
– A competitive spirit and passion for solving complex problems
– Experience operating in a high-growth business environment
– Interest and personal opinions about the future of higher education
– Strong appreciation for good design and friendly user-experiences.
– Compensation: Competitive salary and sizable ownership in a fast-growing company.
– Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
– Healthcare: World-class medical policy and lifestyle fitness reimbursements
– Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events and outings.
– Impact: The opportunity to have meaningful impact on our company culture and growth
– Learning: Loads of professional development opportunities including conference attendance and continuing education credits
– Great team: Working with smart, hardworking, humble individuals who are committed to making a difference
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
To apply for this job please visit angel.co.