Website Modern Tribe
Live well, do good work
Modern Tribe is looking for a talented Senior UI Developer to join our team.
We’re currently working on high-profile WordPress implementations that range between conventional to seriously bleeding edge. We will want to see plugin code examples – public plugins are ideal. We want people that are able to develop code that can withstand high profile sites and intense loads. You should be comfortable working as part of a team – your code will have to integrate into an existing architecture. If tightly optimized code get’s you excited – you’re probably a good fit.
- ARCHITECT Work with design team to architect and document theme solutions using best practices
- ADAPT Integrate code into existing theme architecture
- COLLABORATE Coordinate with designers, back-end developers and other theme devs
- PERFORM Produce code solutions that load quickly and smoothly
- REVIEW Be a part of QA team and optimize / review other team members’ code
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with LESS or Sass
- Experience with es2015 and Babel
- Mid level to advanced PHP Skills
- Knowledge of WordPress theming best practices
- Examples of plugins / code that you’ve released to the open source community
- Proficiency at local environment development
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your working hours are outside of a US timezone, but you are able to work 6 hours of overlap each day the team might be able to consider your application. You must be totally fluent in English and have a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range is between $50-$80 USD per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are currently looking for both Full Time devs and freelance contractors about 15-20 hours a week for this gig.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://m.tri.be/19wr →